Friday, April 29, 2016

April Updates for 2016

It’s been a little while since I last gave an update on what’s going on with my stories, coaching, and speaking schedule. I’m sure that I’ll be giving more details in future posts, but for now, here’s a rundown of some of the bigger items going on with me. 

Planned Publications

I’m very excited to announce that I have two short stories that will be included in multi-author anthologies coming out this year. The first anthology is called Merely This and Nothing More: Poe Goes Punk. This collection of ‘punk adaptations of Edgar Allan Poe stories will be published by Writerpunk Press and is schedule for release May 31st. The second anthology is called Unnatural Dragons and will published by Clockwork Dragon. This anthology will be a collection of sci-fi dragon stories and should be available sometime this summer.

Of course, it’s not just short stories that are in the near future. I’ve been working hard on Into the North, the sequel to The Beast Hunter. My goal is to have it out by this fall, but there’s a lot of work yet to do, so any words of encouragement would be most appreciated!

Changes in the Way I Coach

While I love working with writers to help them make their own stories better, I understand that many artists are on a tight budget and can’t afford a regular writing coach. Rather than devaluing myself by lowering the prices on the types of services I’ve been doing, I’ve decided to create new services that cater to clients looking for a more affordable solution for their coaching needs. I’ve already introduced the first of these new types of services on Fivver, and I’m working hard to develop more and better ways to help my fellow writers make their stories the best they can be.

New Videos

You may remember that I put out a call last month for a Q&A video that I would then release in April. Although I got more than enough questions, life happened, and I got an ulcer on my right cornea which meant I was highly un-photogenic for the majority of the time that I would have spent filming it. Luckily, my eye has healed, and I’ll be able to finish that video soon. I’m also working on a second video, which will feature me reading the prologue out of The Beast Hunter. I think it’ll be fun, and who knows? Maybe I’ll like it enough to consider doing an audio book someday! 

More Appearances on the Horizon

After talking with some of my fellow authors, I’ve decided to start increasing my appearances at Cons and other genre-themed events. Of course, I’ll still teach at writing conferences and retreats as well, but I’m going to be giving priority to those events that have the best potential return, either via speaker fees or potential book sales. Keep an eye on my Workshops and Appearances page on this blog to stay up to date on where I’ll be. Also, be aware that while writing conferences will often plan their schedules well in advance, Cons are often more fluid, and I may not be able to give much heads up for many of those types of appearances.

No comments:

Post a Comment