Friday, March 10, 2017

My Life is Going to Change

I don't usually divulge personal information in my blog, as I prefer to keep my life outside of writing private. But in the last few weeks, there have been developments that will affect all aspects of my life, including my writing, so I thought I'd talk a little about them here.

My wife and I have been trying to have children for years now, and were recently blessed with the news that not only is she pregnant, but we're having twins. It's hard to describe all of my feelings right now. Excited. Humbled. Terrified. I'm still struggling to process the emotions fighting for dominance within me as I consider what the future will be.

One thing is clear. I will need to increase my efforts to provide for my growing family. At this point, I'm still not sure what that change will specifically look like. Most likely, I'll have to get an additional job that may or may not be related to the world of writing.

Regardless, my wife and I have agreed that I will continue to write, though the time dedicated to my craft may be limited. My hope is that book sales, speaker fees, and my online courses will one day allow me to focus exclusively on my passions while working, but I accept that -in the short-term at least- I will need to act responsibly for the welfare of those that I care about the most.

As a final note, I want to assure my fans that the book tour will still happen, and the release of Into the North will continue as planned.


My Books on Amazon

My Creative Writing Courses

My Patreon Account

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Kids are a handful but so worth it. And I don't mind waiting a little longer between books since I know you'll have your hands full.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Randall! I appreciate knowing that my fans are so supportive.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Super congrats! Hey you'll be tired but maybe being home with the babies will allow for writing time while thy nap. I agree with Randall though - it's all good on our end - this is important stuff. Do what you need to do for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole. I'm sure I'll still have opportunities to write, I'm just not sure how many there will be. But I'm really happy to know that I have the support of my family, friends, and fans. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, twins! Congratulations and that's awesome and yep, that's going to be a lot of work. :-D Good luck and I hope they will be good sleepers for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abigail! Luckily, my wife and I tend to be on opposing sleep cycles (I do my best writing late at night) though with twins, I'm sure they'll be plenty of double-duty pulled by each of us. :)

      Delete