Friday, April 15, 2016

Top Ten Things an Author Doesn’t Want to See in a Review

10. I didn’t like this book, but then, I don’t like fantasy novels.

9. While I haven’t read this book, I did go to school with the author, and he’s a nice guy.

8. The riter couldn’t evn spell.

7. This book is worth reading but not worth buying.

6. My book is better. Buy it at the following link.

5. I bought this novel thinking it was a self-help book. It didn’t help me.

4. If there’s ever a movie made of this book, you should watch it instead.

3. It’s been over ten years since I read this, so I really don’t remember anything about it.

2. The author asked me to write a review, so here it is… the book was ok.

1. This book was awesome! Three stars.

3 comments:

  1. lol! Some of those are similar to reviews I've seen for such diverse authors as J.K.Rowling, L.E. Modesitt Jr., and Tolkien. Sometimes I think the climate of the large bookseller hounding the purchaser for reviews is NOT conducive to selling books! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've yet to ask for a review and been unhappy with the result, but there's always the danger... :)

      Delete
  2. OMG! Too funny. Number 4 is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete