Friday, April 22, 2016

A Call to Action to my Fans

If you’re one of my amazing fans (and if you’re reading this, you must be) then I’d like to extend to you this call to action. Perhaps there’s something below that you’ve been meaning to do for months or even years. Maybe you just discovered my little corner of the universe and want to do something about it. Whatever your situation, may I humbly invite you to try out one or more of the following suggestions for anyone who considers themselves one of my fans.

Purchase

This may seem too obvious and I’m likely preaching to the choir on this one. But I can’t count how many people have said “I’ve been meaning to buy your book” or “One of these days I’m totally going to get your help as a writing coach”. So if you’ve been intending to buy a book or try out my coaching services, I’d like to invite you to do so. You won’t be disappointed.

Invest

Few people realize the costs and sacrifices that come from being a full-time author. While I look forward to the day when my book sales will cover all of my expenses, that day is sadly not today. As a result, a few fans have encouraged me to create a Patreon account, where they can contribute a small amount each month to help pay for things like advertising, printing, and exploring new media options. If you’d like to learn about a patron, you can learn more by checking out my Patreon account.

Engage

Whether it’s writing a review on Amazon or liking a post on Facebook, whenever a fan engages with me or my work online it helps spread the word and makes my day just a little better. I’m also always on the lookout for new ways to connect with fans. My latest discovery is Listopia on Goodreads, where fans can vote for my books and even add them to new lists. If you’d like to see what lists my books are on right now you can click here, and be sure to let me know if you add my books to any other lists!

If you’d like to read more about what a book review means for an author, check out my blog article Silent Applause, the Worth of a Review to an Author.

Join

Some fans are so much fun and so good at engaging that they are invited into my street team, a special group of people who participate in monthly goals and in return enjoy exclusive goodies and events. I like to think of my street team as my super-fans and will go to them first whenever I’ve got an announcement, a question, or just need a word or ten of encouragement when my characters are misbehaving. If this sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, check out my street team page and let’s get connected!


However you choose to show your support, I hope that you’ll be motivated by a love for the work that I do. I really do my best to put forth my best efforts, whether I’m writing a story, teaching a workshop, or just chatting with fans, and it’s your support that will help me continue to do that. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment