Thursday, October 13, 2016

Top Ten Advantages of Retro Gaming Over Modern Gaming

10. The graphics look the same even when I’ve lost my glasses.

9. There is no difficulty setting. Everything is hardcore mode!

8. No internet connection required.

7. What’s DLC?

6. The Mature rating of yesterday is the Teen rating of today.

5. You can gain appreciation for the MIDI as a musical instrument.

4. Who needs in-game tutorials, maps, and ‘Help’ text when you can have a book-length manual! (provided you can find a PDF of one online)

3. 100% completion just means beating the game.

2. Emulators.

1. What are micro-transactions?

3 comments:

  1. "10. The graphics look the same even when I’ve lost my glasses."

    That is so true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually got the idea for this list while playing games recently. My glasses were dirty, and my wife offered to clean them for me. I handed them to her and then looked back to my game, and was surprised at how well I could continue playing in my impaired state.

      Delete
  2. #9. So true. There were so many games that felt it was there job to crush my soul. But it only made me a better gamer.

    ReplyDelete