Monday, October 13, 2014

October 13, 2014 Writing Update

Hi all! I thought I’d take the opportunity to describe a little of what’s going on right now with me and my writing.

First off, my various writing projects are all going well. The first draft of the sequel to Lost Under Two Moons is getting close to completion, though there’s definitely going to be a lot of work ahead of me in the editorial phase. While the journal format is often fun, I find that it takes longer to write than a traditional narrative, so fans of the series will have to be patient for Richard’s next adventure.

I’ve also managed to stay on top of my monthly deadlines for The Keltin Moore Online Serial,  but only just barely. Unfortunately, it looks like I’ll have to take another sabbatical from the serial once this second season is done in order to devote myself to the novelization. My other option of course is to post the episodes less frequently now to build a backlog of material later. We’ll see what happens.

There’s also a lot going on with my writing coaching. Aside from helping clients individually, my workshop offerings have been steadily increasing over the last year or so, and 2014 marked a significant increase in the number of presentations I’m giving. This weekend I will be going to the Emerald City Writers Conference hosted by the Romance Writers of America to give two workshops. This is my second time at this conference, and while I tend to be somewhat out of place as a male fantasy and steampunk author, I always feel very welcome and am definitely looking forward to the experience.

My workshop at the Tumwater Timberland Library in August was such a success that I’ve been invited to participate in the library’s nanowrimo calendar of events for November. For three Saturdays I will be giving a series of workshops on writing novels with catchy beginnings, engaging middles, and satisfying endings. I’ll also be giving a workshop in Issaquah for the Pacific Northwest Writers Association on the first weekend of November, making it a very busy month for me.

Thanks to all my friends and fans for their support and encouragement. I hope everyone has a great holiday season, and that you enjoy my ongoing offerings on this blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment