Friday, May 19, 2017

A New Home for my Creative Writing Classes

A couple of months ago, I wrote an article announcing that because of significant life changes, I'd have to reevaluate my career as an author and creative writing instructor. in the article, I said that while I would continue to write no matter what, I would also have to change my short-term goals in order to better support my changing situation. Well, I'm very happy to announce that I've had a new opportunity present itself which I feel will help with both aspects of my life.

I was recently made a non-credited instructor for South Puget Sound Community College and will be teaching creative writing for their continuing education program. The classes will take place at their Lacey building, just a few miles north of my home in Olympia. I've been given free reign to create all of my own curriculum for the weekly, evening classes. I've got two four-week courses happening in the summer, and another two courses in the fall.

I'm so very grateful to have this new opportunity to help new writers learn their craft while at the same time do what I need to do to support my family. If you or someone you know has always wanted to learn more about creative writing, please take the time to check out my course offerings for this summer and fall. All classes are open to the public, and are designed to both educate and motivate.

My Creative Writing Courses

No comments:

Post a Comment