Friday, November 25, 2016

Planning Stops for My Book Tour

.As you may have already heard, I'm planning on my first multi-state book tour next spring, with several stops already planned in Washington (where I am) and Wyoming (where the tour ends). Does anyone know of any good book stores/libraries that might be interested in either a workshop on the craft of writing or an author event/reading in or around the following cities:

Washington
-          Bellingham
-          Olympia
-          Seattle
-          Tacoma
-          Port Townsend
-          Vancouver
Oregon
-          Portland
-          The Dalles
-          Pendleton
Idaho
-          Boise
-          Twin Falls
Utah
-          Logan
-          Ogden
-          Salt Lake City


Please leave a comment below or send me a private message via Facebook if you have any suggestions for bookstores or libraries in your area that I could approach. 

8 comments:

  1. The places I know are in Kitsap County WA, Not quite on your list but not out of range - Poulsbo, Bainbridge Island, Bremerton - if that's of any use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be open to any recommendations you have for potential stops in Kitsap County!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have several independent bookstores. (plus a B&N in the mall if that counts) Eagle Harbor Books on Bainbridge island has frequent author visits. Also Liberty Bay Books (Poulsbo & Bremerton) is open to author visits. In Port Orchard we have Book'em which is used books but a friend of mine who is a local author has done an event down there, however, I think he knows the owners personally. Kitsap Regional Library has also begun to do author events. They have about a dozen branches and often schedule events in several of the branches over the course of a week or so. I also have contacts with a couple of writing groups - one of which in particular is interested in getting speakers- and I have a contact with a local steampunk LARP group maybe that could be a tie-in for your Beast Hunter story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the great suggestions! I'll definitely pass these ideas on to the member of my street team that's helping me plan the trip. We should also get in touch to discuss those suggestions where you have a personal connection (like the steampunk LARP group).

      Delete
  4. I also know someone who does a podcast on writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely be interested in this as well. Who's your friend? Where can I find them?

      Delete
    2. You may have met him at the PNWA conference, AC Fuller. (I was on his street-team for his book.) He was doing a couple of presentations including one on podcasts. Probably easiest to contact him through his facebook group Writer 2.0. I've posted a message to him. Also totally spaced on the fact other friends have recently started doing a local access TV show with interviews with authors, KLAW.I think they are on you-tube as well as the Bremerton station. Mostly they are concentrated on Kitsap Authors but maybe? I can throw them a line if you wish.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for posting the message to AC. I'll get in touch with him as well. I would also be interested in doing something with KLAW. If you are willing, please do throw them a line. :)

      Delete