Friday, September 30, 2016

My Two New Online Writing Courses

At the beginning of the month, I posted a questionnaire designed to figure out what writers were looking for in an online writing course. While I didn’t get as many responses as I was hoping for, I was able to use the feedback I did receive and combine it with the advice of other online instructors to create a program that would be appealing and easy to participate in. As a result, I now have two online courses that are open for registration.

Both courses are four weeks long, and consist of four weekly, live, one-hour, video group chats via Zoom where participants can ask questions and engage with me as I teach them face-to-face. For those who can’t be there for all of the live chats, every presentation will be recorded and posted on a private page for students to view at their convenience until each course is over.

The first of the two courses is called “Crafting a Complete Story” and covers everything from where to start your story to the three traits of a satisfying ending. The second course is called “A Novel in Four Drafts” and focuses on the purpose of each draft of a manuscript. Both classes are based on workshops that I’ve been giving at writer events for years, and I’m very excited to share these presentations with a wider audience.

If you’re interested in taking one of my online courses, the time to act is now. Each four-week course costs just $100, with one course happening every month. The last day to register for “Crafting a Complete Story” in October is the 3rd of October, so be sure to register now. All you have to do is provide your name and e-mail address. You will then receive an e-mail with an invoice for your $100 registration fee. Once that’s processed, you’ll be added to the private mailing list where you’ll receive links to the video chats.

I’m very excited to offer this new and affordable option to writers who are interested in learning more about their craft. If you or someone you know might be interested, please share this article and information with them to help build my online student community.

1 comment: