Friday, July 29, 2016

July Updates for 2016

It’s been a few months since my last update on what’s going on with me and my writing. There’s plenty that’s going on, so here’s a little of what’s in the works:

The Beast Hunter Sequel

Regular fans will know I’ve been working hard to try to get Into the North published in 2016. I know what I want the story to look like when it’s done, I just need the time to put it all together. Unfortunately, June and July were terrible months for writing because of the many author appearances and events I took part in. Luckily, August is wide open, and I’m hoping to keep it that way. I’m definitely looking forward to spending some quality time with Keltin, Jaylocke, and some other familiar faces in the land of beasts.

New Artwork

Everyone knows that you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, but in my experience there are plenty of people who do just that. For example, Lost Under Two Moons saw a distinct rise in sales when I introduced the improved version of the cover image last year, and I’m hoping for the same sort of result with The Beast Hunter as I’ve begun working with a new artist who is very talented and a fan of Keltin Moore as well. We’re currently working together on updating the image for the first book in that series and will then begin work on Into the North for later this year.

New Websites

I’ve had issues with my author website and coaching website for a while. Both are buggy and cumbersome when it comes to updates, so I’m currently working on creating new versions of them. My hope had been to have them both completed in time for the PNWA conference this week, but I’ll have to be content with getting them up some time next month.

A New Writing Course in the Works

For years, I’ve had participants in my workshops and presentations ask how they could attend another class of mine. Up until now, the only options I could give them were to watch for my workshops at their local library or writing group, or else hire my services as a writing coach. However, I’ve never been satisfied with that, and I recently decided to do something that would give more people a greater opportunity to learn from my growing catalog of creative-writing workshops.

With that in mind, I’m currently working on creating a ten-part course which will feature my most popular workshops along with a combination of writing time, peer critiques, and instructor critiques. My hope is to have both an in-person version as well as an online variant. I’m still figuring out the details for these, so if you have any requests, suggestions, or questions, please feel free to leave a comment below or get in touch with me via social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment