Friday, April 3, 2015

April 3, 2015 Workshop and Appearance Update

It’s been a little while since I last gave an update on my various activities and appearances, and since 2015 is already shaping up to be an exciting, busy year for me, I thought I’d take the opportunity this week to share a little of what’s in store for me in the coming months.

Next month, I’ll be starting May off by attending and presenting at the Writers on the Beach retreat on beautiful Marrowstone Island near Port Townsend. I’m especially excited to listen to Gordon Frye, a fellow presenter and historical adviser who’s always a lot of fun and very informative. Later in the month, I’ll be joining seven other fantasy and sci-fi authors for an all-day book signing event at Forever Knight Games in Olympia. If you’re in the area, be sure to stop by to chat, joke, ask questions, and hopefully find a new read for the spring! Finally, I’ll be finishing out the month by attending and presenting at the Brass Screw Confederacy, a steampunk festival in Port Townsend. I may even dress up for the occasion!

After the busy month of May, my various events will start to spread out a little. In June, I’ll be part of another multi-author book signing event, this time in Renton at the AFK Elixirs & Eatery, a local hangout for gamers, geeks, and internet socialites. In July, I’ll be returning to the PNWA Summer Conference to give a workshop on the subgenres of fantasy and science fiction. And finally, in September, I’ll be teaching at a new conference for me, the Southwest Washington Writers Conference. There are also a couple of additional events that have yet to be schedule or confirmed, but I’ll be sure to keep everyone up to date on where I’ll be and what I’ll be talking about.

I hope to see many familiar and friendly faces this year. Be sure to follow this blog and check on my Workshops and Appearances page regularly to keep up to date on all my various writing events.

No comments:

Post a Comment