Monday, June 16, 2014

“What Happened to Your Online Serial?”


Fans of Keltin Moore may be wondering when the next episode of his serialized adventures will be posted. My last related announcement said that I would be taking a break during April and May to dedicate my full time to finishing the final edits on The Beast Hunter in time for its launch date. But the book has launched and now it’s June. What about the serial?

Well, never fear. I’m finishing the final proofread of the next episode and plan on having it on my website by the beginning of July. Why then? I’m planning on making some significant changes to the way my website is going to be run, and one of those changes is that I plan to have a new episode of the serial up each month, rather than sporadically publishing them whenever I finish one. To do that, I need a little time to build a backlog, just so I can have some schedule-cushion for the future.

Another change readers will notice will be the name of the serial. To avoid confusion with the first Keltin Moore novel, I've changed the serial’s name to The Keltin Moore Online Serial. This is a more descriptive title, and should clearly define it as a separate body of work from the related novel.

Finally, I've decided that I won’t be including an Author Insight with each episode anymore. Instead, I will be encouraging fans to connect with me here on my blog, on Twitter, or on Facebook with questions about my stories and creative process. By doing this, I hope to engage directly with my fans by discussing what interests them specifically, rather than writing a general review of my own work.

Be sure to check out my website in the first week of July to read the latest episode. In the meantime, you can read the episodes that are already posted and buy The Beast Hunter, Keltin Moore’s first adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment